Lowell Herb Co. Hosts Lowell Café Pop-Up Event

In celebration of Lowell Café’s upcoming expansion into Nevada, Lowell Herb Co. hosted a farm-to-table restaurant and consumption lounge pop-up event in Las Vegas on Thursday, during MJBizCon. While not a new concept, the affair had a historic twist: It was the first event of its kind in the U.S. where guests could publicly consume THC-infused food and concurrently smoke cannabis.

Seated service for the dinner included a four-course, prix fixe meal—with vegetarian or meat-based dishes—at $150 per person. The curated menu was designed by Graffiti Bao owner and Head Chef Marc Marrone, a former TAO Group executive chef and winner of Las Vegas Food & Wine’s 2018 Chef of the Year.

Advertisement

Marrone’s menu included wild mushroom or Angus beef arancini, baby gem salad, 5mg THC-infused mandarin glazed cauliflower steak or short ribs, and caramel budino with a 10mg THC-infused snickerdoodle cookie.

“I really just wanted to put some stuff together to match the farmer’s market feel that [Lowell Herb Co.] has. [Using] a lot of natural ingredients would bring that, so I went really market forward with [the menu],” Chef Marrone said, noting his ingredient selection was based largely on produce currently in season. “This was a fun opportunity to be able to create great dishes that happen to have infusion be a part of them. I wanted to put some really great dishes together that would accompany the whole experience.

“It’s really exciting to be a part of something that’s the first of its kind, which is very cool,” he continued. “But on top of that it was more exciting to have an opportunity to create some great food in an environment like this, to really to be able to create a great dining experience.”

Advertisement
Previous articleCongressional Update: Senate Nixes House Plan; Georgia Seeks Legalization
Next articleUSDA Extends Deadline for Hemp Program Comments; States Seek Policy Change